Monday, September 20, 2010

Vacation is Over

Justin and I made it back from our 2 week vacation.  We traveled to New Braunfels, Texas for a weekend with my parents.  Then we left for 10 days in Idaho to escape the heat.  I will be posting the pictures as I go through them but here is how our vacation started. 

Justin and I traveled to Idaho separately because I had to be in Houston to care for my grandmother and we didn't have anyone to pick us up at 11:30 when the later flight would get us to Idaho Falls.  Justin made it on time to Idaho Falls on Monday.  Later in the day I made it to the Houston airport to find the plane came in with a flat tire.  This delayed my flight into Denver and I ended up missing my connection into Idaho Falls.  The airline rescheduled my flight for late the next afternoon!!  I spent the night in a hotel somewhere in Denver.  I went back to the airport early the next morning hoping to get on an earlier flight.  I missed the first flight out (which I would have been standby on) because the line to get through security at the Denver airport is CRAZY!  Apparently they only have one security line that everyone has to go through.  For the next flight out they could only guarantee me a seat into Jackson Hole (1-1/2 to 2 hours from Idaho Falls) and I was on standby for the flight into Idaho Falls that left at the same time but at opposite ends of the terminal.  They couldn't book me into one of the empty seats until 30 minutes before flight time.  It would have taken me that long to get the other gate.  I took the chance and made it on the flight!!  Yeah!  I finally got to start my vacation...if only a day late.

No comments: